The FCM Youth Loan Program - Starting Early
Did you know? Our loan experts have years of experience specializing in solutions for farmers of all ages. Simply being active in 4-H and/or FFA automatically gives you access to Farm Credit agriculture lending experts, a great interest rate and the financing to pursue your own agricultural project. Just like young and beginning farmers, youth are the future of our industry, so we believe it’s important we help give them a strong start in ag.
Farm Credit Midsouth provides loans to 4-H and FFA members for the purchase of livestock, feed, and other out-of-pocket expenses directly related to the project. By encouraging students to be industrious, and providing them with the tools to do so, they’re gaining valuable benefits in responsibility, experience, education and self-satisfaction.
- Loans from $500 to $2,500
- Applicants must reside in Farm Credit Midsouth’s coverage area
- Written project summary including a repayment plan required
- Parent or guardian must co-sign
- Fixed interest rate
- $50 closing, processing and filing fee
- Loans not eligible for Patronage payout program